You have exceeded your shopping time limit and your shopping cart has been emptied.
Nestled in a 72-acre woodland at the Walker Nature Center, Nature House is a model of ecofriendly design and construction, LEED Gold certified by the U.S. Green Building Council. It is the home base of environmental education in Reston as well as an attractive rental space for private events.
Address: Walker Nature Center, 11450 Glade Drive, Reston, VA 20191
Click here to see a nature center map.
Nature House Hours:
Mondays and Wednesdays-Fridays 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturdays 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Sundays 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
Closed to public on Tuesdays and on RA holidays.
Nature House was gifted to Reston Association by Friends of Reston in 2009.
Visit Nature House to:
• Talk with on-site naturalists.
• Meet a box turtle and a snake.
• Enjoy exhibits and displays.
• Use the nature library or public computer.
• Do a simple activity or read a story to your child.
• Attend a variety of nature programs for all ages.
• Learn about its many green building features.
• Hold an event of your own.
• Ground Source Geothermal Heat Pump System for Heating/Cooling
• SIPS Walls (Structural Insulated Paneling System) for an Energy Efficient Building Envelope
• Galvalume Roof with Recycled Steel Content, Reduces Heat Gain
• Rain Garden (Stormwater Bioretention Area) and Rain Barrels on Downspouts
• Regionally & Sustainably Harvested Cypress Siding
• Porch Posts from Wood Salvaged from Reston Condo Site
• Maximum Tree Preservation on Site
• Landscaping with Native Plants
• Low Flow and Dual Flow Plumbing Fixtures
• Efficient, Fluorescent Lighting and Natural Daylighting
• Non-toxic and Low-Emitting Materials for Indoor Air Quality
• Reclaimed Wood, Natural Marmoleum and Recycled Carpet Flooring
Learn more about the LEED Gold features of Nature House in our brochure Nature House: So Green It’s Gold.
Looking for the perfect spot for a community meeting, family gathering or business retreat? Affordable and attractive rentals are available. To reserve the Nature House multi-purpose room for a community meeting, family gathering or business retreat, visit RA’s WebTrac site for details.
Nature House Multi-purpose Room
664 square feet of space, capacity 60 people, seats 44 people with tables and chairs (provided). Parking and restroom access. Overflow parking on Glade Drive.
RA member or Reston not-for-profit fee $35/hr.
Non-member or non-Reston not-for-profit fee $55/hr.
For profit/corporate fee $80/hr.
Nature Center Pavilion
576 sq. ft. pavilion with picnic tables and bench seating in a beautiful woodland setting. Parking and restroom access.
RA member fee $25/hr.
Non-member fee $35/hr.
For profit/corporate fee $55/hr.
Fire pit with bench seating, small pavilion and picnic tables. Roadside parking. No restroom. Must use restroom at Nature House. Renters supply their own wood and water to extinguish the fire.
RA member fee $15/hr.
Non-member fee $20/hr.
For profit/corporate fee $25/hr.